Client: George Elias
Website design & development
GeorgeElias.net is the official website for my father who is an Arabic singer, Iraqi singer, Assyrian singer, Chaldean singer, Syriani singer, composer, & song writer.
الفنان و المطرب السرياني جورج الياس يغني بعدة لغات و لهجات
This site is a mix of two languages on one website and one of the reasons for that is SEO. It needs to work for both English and Arabic on this artist.
The landing home page is inspired by other web designers out there and the rest of the page was done to try and have non-english speaking people to understand the navigation by using the icons.
jQuery was used throught the site for its animations and transitions & prettyPhoto is the main script I use for the gallery.
The site has lots of details that I've worked hard to implement so I'd like to focus on some here such as:
- Two navigations, one for the home page and another for some internal pages (music, videos, and media) with nice hover effects.
- 3D looking headers for the internal pages.
- The music page which has a star rating system, flash player that works beautifully through out the page (loader inside as well as a visual clue of the track's position), a social integration for each item/song, and the design of the page itself is well fit.
- Took advantage of Youtube's playlist API and used it here to load George Elias's videos from one playlist manageable from Youtube.
- Good use of Flickr's API to load sets of photos into a specific element on the webpage while integrating prettyPhoto script to work flawlessly with it.
- Popup pages with different types of content (some in both languages) with navigation between pages within the popup.